I am working with a young woman who suffers from an invisible, high-level stress. Her stress comes from inside and even though she’s plenty busy, this is not the source of her problems. The first signs were head-aches that over time became both more frequent and painful. Then she became aggressive and worried. After 4 months she was seriously ill with constant migraine, nausea, constipation, mood-swings and night-mares. One day she fainted in the street and was brought to the hospital where she underwent all the tests in the book: Brain-scan, neurology-tests, blood-analysis – the works. Nothing could be found. The doctors diagnosed migraine and gave her different kinds of medication, constantly increasing the strength but nothing helped, the girl was seriously ill.
At this point enter the complementary forces:
After talks with her it is obvious that she has an enormous need of controlling her world, everything must be perfect – which is also mirrored in her appearance and surroundings. She helps her friends with everything she can and is always available when needed. The feeling I get is that her head is stuck in a labyrinth box. There is such tremendous mental pressure that it has turned into pain, she can find no clarity and when she tries to figure things out she gets confused. She is angry and negative towards her state and scared that it will not go away.
- Going over her diet and taking out all stimulants; sugar, tea, alcohol.
- Teaching her about mind-mapping (see an earlier post) and how to find clarity. At this point she gets angry and can not find any “clues” in her mind-mapping. I take her through a mind-game and she relaxes as an “inner door” opens. When she feels the results, she is pleased.
- Brain-movies: In a guided meditation I take her to a nice place which is her own and where she feels happy. This place is where she will go to heal. I make sure she remembers the path to this sacred place and tell her to do this every night until falling asleep there.
- Breathing exercises and how to control the mood-swings by recognizing signals.
- physiotherapy for the tension in head, back and stomach – 3 sessions in 2 weeks.
- Full-body massage once a week and home-massage of face and neck twice a day with essential oils.
- A small roll-on phial with pure essential oils to be carried in hand-bag and used at first sign of headaches; massage temples and nape of neck.
- Geranium (pelargonium graveolens) Emotional balance.
- Ylang-Ylang (cananga odorata) Anger-control.
- Rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) Clarity of mind.
- Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) Lighten up the inner child.
- Sandalwood (santalum album) Spirituality and cooling energy.
Roman Chamomile (Chamameleum nobile) Deeply relaxing on all levels. Safety
- Pepper-mint (mentha piperita) Head-aches.
- Eucalyptus (eucalyptus globulus) Head-aches and clarity.
- Lavender high altitude (lavandula augustifolia) Head-aches, calming and relaxing.