It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.
It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain! I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.
I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see beauty even when it’s not pretty, every day, and if you can source your own life from its presence.
I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”
It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.
- anxiety Aromatherapy babies Babies & Children balance bath beauty belief change chemicals children choices communication creation creativity distillation dreams emotion essential oil essential oils eucalyptus fear flowers frankincense freedom geranium healing health herbs history hormones horses information jasmine knowledge lavender learning Lifestyle love magic Massage medicine myrrh natural Nutrition orange organic pain peace perfume Personal development Product information relaxation respect rose rosemary rosewood sandalwood scent Scents science skin skin-care sleep Stress sustainability tea tree training trauma truth Uncategorized vegetable oil water Wellness ylang-ylang
- Vive la Bombas! annadannfelt.com/2016/12/26/viv… https://t.co/BuDQ6dymwk 6 months ago
- GRATITUDE annadannfelt.com/2016/12/17/gra… 6 months ago
- THE TREASURE BOX annadannfelt.com/2016/11/02/the… https://t.co/WWRyzcTzTh 7 months ago
- All those little learnings add up annadannfelt.com/2016/09/06/all… https://t.co/PRtuxpu8rC 9 months ago
- 55 – The age of Freedom annadannfelt.com/2016/08/14/55-… https://t.co/0JfqIq55Ed 10 months ago