A lady asked me a very important question; “How do I know that I am on the right track?” (the “right track” being whatever you are undertaking at the time.)
Yes, isn’t that always the question? how do I know? We want clear-cut answers all the time; a sort of step-by-step blueprint to life. That would be so easy and we would never need to worry or bother about much – but this is not the point. The point is to learn, experience and understand a bigger picture…the bigger picture being the Self. Everything we undertake comes to a point where it meets with adversity, sometimes over and over again, but who-ever said it would be easy? If something is difficult, chances are that we abandon it…never reaping the rewards of reaching our goals. Look at the video above…all successes that started out in a struggle to reach their goals. If we are not prepared to fight for what we want, the risk is that we will never have it.
Set-backs are learning processes, not defeat.
There is no way of knowing exactly if you are on the right track. Usually the question itself spells out fear and disbelief. Since we know that this is a programmed response to anything new, we need to step away from the negative thought-patterns and look from another view-point. There are some key-points:
- Is it joyful and exciting?
- Do you believe in it?
- Are you getting some results, even though they might be small?
- When you meditate, can you clearly visualize your goal?
- Does it give a meaning to you?
- What are you prepared to give up?
Why would this not be the “right way”? Because it is about you? Do you believe it would be okay for somebody else? Do you put less belief in yourself than in your environment? and if that is the case…Why? Maybe this is the biggest problem of all; our lack of self-esteem.
Everything starts in the Self, it is the birth-place of reality.
- Be good to yourself
- Meditate and breath
- Visualize and make it as real as possible – if you want to achieve, you’ve got to believe.
- Talk to somebody who will support you
- Keep a diary, write down your goals and wishes
- Always see set-backs as something to learn from
- Show people who you are, don’t wait for them to tell you.
And now for a little laugh…