A few posts back, I told you about my friend with dental pain after an operation. Well, she has been administering the oils without any change. The oils helped against the pain and kept her spirits up but she was still in a bad way. Finally she went to see the dentist again who told her there was nothing wrong, no infection but still he gave her antibiotics. Of course she took the antibiotics which didn’t help at all.
This lady has been through quite difficult times lately with dental surgery and other major acute surgery. She has had her fair share of bad news and worries and I think she is so run down that her body just can’t cope with more. This last surgery was just one to many. I am going with her to see the dentist since he tends to brush her off, but I doubt there is anything that can be done except perhaps repeating the surgical procedure – Bad idea.
I have made her a new essential oil blend to start using today. This is anti-inflammatory and emotionally relieving and calming. What I am aiming for is to ease the obvious inflammation, reduce the stress and get her in a better emotional balance so the body can be allowed to heal.
- 20 drops essential oil of Helichrysum or Immortelle (Helichrysum italicum)
- 20 drops essential oil of Wild Chamomile (Anthemis mixta)
- 20 drops essential oil of Lavender Alpine (Lavandula augustifolia)
- 1 drop on a moist q-tip and dab on operation site, to be repeated as often as necessary.
- 5 drops in 10ml (2 teaspoon) of vegetable oil to be massaged on cheek, neck and shoulders 3-5 times / day during the acute stage, then continuously 2 times / day for the next 3 weeks.
- 10 drops in 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of vegetable oil to be applied to the operation site.
During the acute stage; 1-3 days this could be administered as often as possible. After that the dosages should be brought down to half. This lady has very sensitive skin, therefore I have lowered the amount of essential oil in the massage oil. Normally I would, at this acute stage, use double the amount of drops; 10 drops to 10ml of veg. oil. This blend might even be too strong for her, then we will have to dilute it further.
All of these essential oils are mild on the skin, so there should be no problem. They are soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory and calming in nature. This makes a very nice blend.
Essential oils of Helichrysum and Chamomile are rather expensive. But if you really want to get maximum effect, you need to be prepared to pay the price. These oils go very far and when a person is so weakened as this lady has become over time, you really need to bring out the best stuff to go deep enough to heal.