The slaughter industry has a big problem to get rid of the
large amount of pig fat they amass in their slaughter
houses. They try to sell this off in many disguises and they
don’t need by law to declare where it comes from.
According to Richard Lutwyche, a British pig farmer, ‘In the UK, big commercial
farms send their pigs to large abattoirs. The abattoir will find different markets for
all the by-products,’ he says. ‘Everything they can’t sell they have to incinerate, so
it’s in their best interest to sell as much as they can.’
A pig can be used in up to 185 products such as ice cream, whipped cream,
sweets and paint. Parts of the pig are also used in liquid shampoos and liquid
soaps. Detergents in these products are sold in most high street shops as it
makes a cheap shampoo base. Fatty acids from bone fat are also used to give
them a pearl-like appearance.
In solid soaps, detergents for cheap bars of soap are made from animal fats such
as pig fats and fatty acids from the bone fat act as a hardening agent and give it
Most glycerine moisturisers also contain fatty acids from bone fat as they make a
cheap moisturiser. Generally, if you buy a high street brand of cosmetic with glycerine
in, it will most likely be cheap pig fat glycerine. Also, parts of the pig are
used in face masks along with collagen to help reduce wrinkles and lines.
Information taken from the Daily Mail Saturday 3rd October 2009 & Kolbjorn Borseth.
- anxiety Aromatherapy babies Babies & Children balance bath beauty belief change chemicals children choices communication creation creativity distillation emotion environment essential oil essential oils eucalyptus exercise fear flowers frankincense freedom geranium healing health herbs history hormones horses information inhalation jasmine knowledge lavender learning Lifestyle love Massage medicine motivation myrrh natural Nutrition orange organic pain perfume Personal development Product information relaxation respect rose rosemary rosewood sandalwood scent Scents science skin skin-care sleep Stress tea tree training trauma truth Uncategorized vegetable oil water Wellness ylang-ylang
- I am looking for grapeseed oil for cosmetics in or around Luxembourg. Think "carbon footprint"... If you can deliver, I am your buyer. 2 weeks ago
- Consumerism responsibility part 1 wp.me/pxGUm-Pa 3 weeks ago
- Wood Horse wp.me/pxGUm-P5 1 month ago
- Facebook narcissism wp.me/pxGUm-OV 1 month ago
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! wp.me/pxGUm-OT 2 months ago